Download It Here: Resume
I am a Software Engineer working at Operations Finance org at Amazon. I have 3 years of experience working with Web applications, Android applications, and Machine Learning systems. Currently developing distributed Big Data systems.
Software Development Intern, Walmart Labs
June 2019 – August 2019
- Part of Supply Chain Technology Team developing Android and Cordova Applications using Computer Vision.
- Developed applications to be used by 2K associates processing 960K cases per day. Used Google ML kit, Expresso, Docker, Jetpack libraries and Java.
- Developed Batch Barcode Scanning application which helped in processing one case in 4 seconds cut down from 9 seconds.
- Developed a Cordova plugin for interaction between Android and Cordova apps to allow different apps to use BBS app in Walmart warehouses.
Research Assitant, CIPS lab, ASU
October 2018 – Present
- Worked as a Research Assistant at CIPS lab, ASU on Data Mining projects. My work included scraping data from social media websites, developing ML classifiers and developing web apps for visualizing the results.
- Developed a Data Mining & Visualization tool for analyzing political views on social media websites – Looking Glass.
- The ML tool was used by McCain Institute to analyze disinformation spread in Georgia (Report).
- Implemented the backend in Django, Elasticsearch and frontend in React, Redux, and D3. Used ANNs and Community Detection (Lovain).
- Currently working on Twitter bot & frame detection projects and analyzing >500 GB data using tools like PostgreSQL, Hadoop Distributed File System, PySpark, Tensorflow and CUDA.
- Using NLP based algorithms for identifying bots that spread false propaganda and developing persuasive AI for combating them.
- Developing a dashboard for combating hate speech in Ethiopia by scraping and analyzing data from Facebook, Twitter, etc using React, D3 on frontend and AWS on the backend.
Software Development Engineer, Samsung Electronics
July 2016 – July 2018
- Developed Android and Hybrid applications for Galaxy smartphones and Smart hub TV running on Tizen OS. The products were well structured and were tested thoroughly for maintaining high-quality products at Samsung.
- Created an MVVM based Android application for interaction between Android phones and TVs using SmartView SDK.
- Lead a team of juniors and developed an Internal automation tool using Python and Shell scripting.
- Became Module owner of Genlist widget and Ecore of EFL and improved performance of native apps by ~10%.
- Engineered 2 Internal tools using Scikit-learn, Keras, GDB, and Selenium in Python which lowered crashes in native Tizen applications by 40%.
Software Engineer Intern, Myntra Ecommerce
December 2015 – May 2016
- I developed 3 Isomorphic Web applications during my 6 months internship with React-Redux, Redis and Node Js as the stack.
- The apps attracted >1 Million users over a period of 20 days. Users on average spent 25 more minutes on the platform resulting in an increase in sales of about ~15%.
- The product was tested through Jasmine, Mocha, and Karma. The products were used by more than a million customers and received good feedback.
Arizona State University
Master’s degree, Computer Science, 2018 – 2020
Delhi College of Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.), Information Technology, 2012 – 2016
Machine Learning Applications
Persuasive Chatbot: Creating a persuasive chatbot application using State of the Art Transformers. Experimenting with Tensorflow, Spark MLlib, Huggingface libraries.
Emotion Detector: Developed a human emotion detector for live video stream as well as images. Used MMI image dataset and achieved >94% accuracy using CNN.
ML Classifiers: Implemented Logreg, SVM, Neural Network (from scratch) and CNN classifiers for classification tasks.
SubCrowd: SubCrowd is an open-sourced android application for sharing online streaming services. It has a Tinder like UI of swiping cards to match you with someone who wants to exchange Netflix, Hulu or any other streaming service. With people you match, you can chat and find out if you want to proceed further. Its live at Play Store.
Audio Recorder: Developed an Android application record audio. Used Java.
Screen Mirroring: An Android application to mirror your phone screen on other devices like Smart TVs. Used Java.